I miss my mom this morning. The leaders have been telling me I could call home for the past 3 days, but because we have so many people, it's taken longer than expected. Today, we unfortunately had to wake up at 5:30 again...not the later time like we had hoped! Apparently not all the kids have exams in the mornings. I'm looking forward to hanging out with this new group of kids. From what I could tell they seemed to be more energetic than when I first met the kids last week. Our translator, Simon, is a hoot. He likes to take part in dramas in his free time. haha He's fun. Yesterday he showed me his house from the field we have camp on. It's a small hut up on a beautiful hill...surrounded by mango trees! He said people all the way from Lusaka (about a 40 minute drive) will come to buy his mangoes. Pretty cool, eh?? Simon also told me about his wife and 4 children. His wife is only a few years older than me! Crazy!
Today, Philippians 2 is helping keep me on track.
Philippians 2:3-5
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment