[Support]

I need the support of my family and friends in order to do this.

Just out of curiosity I looked up the definition of "support" before writing this post. According to the wee little dictionary on my computer, the word support means: to give assistance to, esp. financially, to enable to function or act, to provide with a home and the necessities of life, to give comfort and emotional help to, to approve of and encourage, and to be actively interested in and concerned for the success of something. That's what I'm asking you to do. I'm asking you to support me and walk alongside me during this process and mission. During this time I really do need your comfort and encouragement! I need your approval and your interest in this. And as difficult as it is for me to say, I also need your financial support in order for this to happen.

The trip costs approximately $4,622. My first reaction to that was "wow". I know that is a lot of money, but it includes transportation, airfare, food, training etc. I'm praying that when I look at that number now I will think "Wow, this is going to be an awesome growing experience between the Lord and me!" Because sure enough...it's going to be!! Each day I'm having to trust Him more and more with the unknown. Thankfully, in doing so I'm becoming more comfortable giving up trying to do all this fundraising on my own and depending on Him. It's hard for me to let God handle all of this and trust in His sovereignty, but when I do...it's one of the most beautiful things.

Over the past couple days I've been blown away at how the Lord has provided. I picked up the first shipment of t-shirts this weekend. I talked to the guy who made them about hopefully having enough to get another "batch" made. I honestly thought, "I've put it up as my status on Facebook so many times. No one else is going to want to buy one." Well, I've learned how much I doubt God's provision because over the past 2 days I've gotten 20 more t-shirt orders. I'm completely blown away. I'm amazed, excited, and totally put in my place for ever doubting my God and His promise to provide for me. I'm also amazed at people's willingness to support me. A friend told me the other week, "I want to pay to help you tell kids about Jesus. And then wear a t-shirt about it." My eyes immediately welled up with joyful tears. Her support...and your support mean so much to me.

If you read this, I ask that you pray for me during this process. Pray that the Lord would work in me, teach me/correct me, and draw me closer to Himself. I also ask that you please pray for the children I hope to serve. Pray that the Lord would work to heal their wounds, to bring joy and love into their lives, and that He would reveal Himself to their hearts so that they would know [true hope].

THANK YOU for your prayers, your encouragement, and your money that are making this possible. I am very much humbled and grateful for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment