I loved the idea of being a mentor or an "older sister" to girls...especially because I have had such wonderful Godly women to look up to and guide me. While praying about which trip to apply to, my pastor at Eternal Church in Rock Hill gave a sermon about James 1:27 that calls us to help widows and orphans in their distress. While listening, the choice became clear and the mission became focused. I am to share Christ's love to orphans in Zambia! I am to listen to their stories, to show them they have not been forgotten, that they are valued by their King, and to share with them in the life of freedom that Christ has given us.
It is my intent to share with you how God is working in my life since answering the call to go to Zambia. I will try to keep this updated as much as possible and hopefully together we will see God's provision for me and the children I hope to serve this summer.
[The Story]
Last semester I began thinking about what I was going to do this summer. I really wanted to take advantage of this huge block of "free time" and use it to serve my brothers and sisters. So, one day I began looking up organizations that had summer missions and asked many friends if they knew of any reputable ones. One friend highly recommended Global Expeditions. I went to their website http://www.globalexpeditions.com/ and looked at all the missions they offered. After narrowing down my search to the ones I was interested in, I kept coming back to the page on Zambia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment