Colossians 1:10-12 says this:
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
After reading this I remembered how my family, friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for me. They are praying this prayer in the middle of my discomfort and not so happy attitude. They pray this because they love me. I pray this too. I pray that I can bear fruit that will benefit and encourage others in my actions. I pray that I will grow in my knowledge of the Lord, and grow in my faith in Him so that He can give me endurance and patience so I can run this good race. I'm ready! Use me! Teach me!
--------------------------------------------
I talked with my mom and Michelle Crissinger tonight. It was SO COMFORTING to hear the voices of people I love. When I got back to this metal dome (a giant sauna filled with bunk beds) I met a girl named Amy. She sleeps on the bunk across from me. She just got back from a trip to Japan where she helped with relief work. She graciously gave me her bug spray, sunscreen, left over baby wipes, and flavored powder to put in my water! Hooray! haha I'm incredibly THANKFUL right now. Together, we talked about her trip, both the encouraging and discouraging things she went things she went through. I just want to tell you now...this girl has the faith of Mother Teresa. I feel so very blessed because of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment