I met a girl in the terminal who is also going to Global Expeditions. Her name is Megan and she is going to Romania. Cool, eh? As I talked with her my nervousness slid off me, leaving me feeling free and excited as I now sit on the plane. Before boarding we got Bogangles which also probably aided me in feeling better. I scarfed it down just before we boarded and thought, "Oh this might be my last "real" meal for awhile!" I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for the training I will go through under the hot Texan sun and try to imagine what my time in Zambia will look like. Only time will tell.
I think back on the past few months...and stress comes to mind. I got stressed about getting the shots and prescriptions I needed and the flight that I'm now on booked. I just stressed...over...a lot. I remember worrying because everything seemed to rest in my hands. I put all the pressure on myself! What I didn't realize was that the whole time I was in the Lord's hands (as I will continue to be for the rest of eternity). Praise God! It is not me who is in charge of making things happen. It is the Lord. Now that I have given up the reign, I feel such an incredible freedom sweep over me. I pray I can remember my place. I am not in control, but I am in the safe arms of the One who is. Praise be to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment